NSRN 2nd International Conference
Nonreligion and the Secular: New Horizons for Multidisciplinary Research
4-6 July 2012, Goldsmiths University, London, UK.
Following on from our successful one-launch conference in 2009, we were absolutely delighted by the success of our three-day conference in 2012. Here is some of the information we have been able to assemble to help you get a flavour for the event.
- The original Call for papers.
- A Storify of the Twitter buzz from then NSRN online editor Per Smith.
- A detailed report on the conference from Simeon Wallis (University of Warwick).
- Podcasts of the four keynote lectures, presented in association with the Religious Studies Project:
- The People of No Religion, Callum Brown (University of Dundee)
- Secularization and Non-religion in Non-Western Contexts, Humeira Iqtidar (King’s College, London)
- Multiple Secularities: Toward a Cultural Sociology of Secular-Religious Distinctions, Monika Wohlrab-Sahr (University of Leipzig)
- Belief and Unbelief: Two Sides of a Coin, Grace Davie (University of Exeter)
And, finally, some photos from the conference – who can you spot?